Consider sending a contribution to the scholarship fund. Let's keep the C of E name alive - long after we are gone!
To Donate to the C of E Scholarship Fund (Click Here)
Scholarship Recipients for 2019-2020
Jordan Ast - Kansasn State University
Emily Wilbur - University of Northern Colorado
Sophia Gibson - Des Moines Area Community College
Evan Hess - The University of Denver
Jake Jordan - Kansas University
Morgan Taylor - Kansas University
Please send all applications to:
Mr. James Brooks
425 Sundowner Ridge CT
Wildwood, MO 63011
1. Applicants must be descents of students, faculty or staff of the former College of Emporia.
2. Application must be postmarked by April 1.
3. There will be a minimum of four (4) scholarships awarded each year.
4. These scholarships are for one (1) year only. All applicants may apply each year.
5. Each recipient of the College of Emporia Alumni Scholarship is only eligible to receive the scholarship two (2) times.
5. The applicants will be notified before June 1 whether or not they have received a
general scholarship from the College of Emporia Alumni.
6. If the applicant is attending Emporia State University or Sterling College, each of these
schools also has an endowed College of Emporia Scholarship Fund to which the applicant
may apply. Applicants can receive a scholarship from either school plus a general scholarship
from the C of E Alumni.
7. If you are a recipient of a general scholarship, it will be sent directly to the business office of
the school you are attending before August 15. The scholarship committee must have a letter
of acceptance, the address of the school, and your student ID number before we mail out the
scholarship money. As an alternative, you may elect to deposit your scholarship money in a
"529 Educational Fund", which you must establish.
8. These guidelines may be changed during a Board of Directors meeting, by a majority vote of
those board members present.
9. Scholarship recipients will receive the C of E Newsletter for one year.
Approved by the C of E Board of Directors 7/19/2014
Past Scholarship Recipients
2014 Jennifer Calderwood Kaleigh Cox Anna Dowling Mallory Howland